Here we will focus on the 4 largest social networks with two tips that you can easily adopt to integrate social media into event planning.
- Create a hashtag (#) for your audience to use when talking about an event, e.g. #SMawardsnight – this will encourage users to track your event and make it easier for people who may be interested in your content to find you
- Information can be easily shared on Twitter, which is key for conferences, building on ideas and spreading key messages.
- Post details of event in the events section of Facebook – and leave it open for people to confirm that they are attending
- Post photos after the event and ask people to tag themselves in them. Take the opportunity to share video content, take polls and share ideas pre and post events
- Share content, even consider live streaming – encourage interest for next year. Let key speakers etc introduce themselves.
- Place video testimonials of satisfied clients here, bring your positive feed-back into life
- Encourage forum discussion, invite key speakers and industry influencers. Start a group focussed on event content and engage with users afterwards.
- Post updates in the run up to your event, review the event, and then post testimonials – and don’t forget to ask people to recommend your company and its individuals